Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Run = Fun!

This was Abbie's first year in the Hershey's Track Meet. We were so proud to see her participate in 3 different events:
...the softball throw,...the standing long-jump,...and the 50 meter dash.She was a little bummed that she didn't have more success, but really enjoyed the time outside with her class and friends!The best part, though, was DEFINITELY having her two aunts, Mindy and Vanessa, come to watch her! They were so sweet to drive out and support Abbie on this exciting day!BJ was also happy to have his aunts' undivided attention! Thanks, dear sisters of mine! It was a day to remember!! I love you both so much!

5 comments:

Tara Fears said...

I remember when my Dad made Jason and I run the 1 mile in the Hershey Track Meet. We didn't run...needless to say, we came in DEAD LAST...well I did. And we were WAY WAY WAY far behind the rest of the runners. It was quite humiliating! :)

Team Hanni said...

This makes my heart smile.... I WISH I would have tried track earlier in life - especially in high school. I am so proud of Abbie! How wonderful to have her two aunts there to cheer her on. What a fun day! Way to go ABBIE!!!

Allie said...

I totally remember doing the Hershey Track and Field! I love her hair! When did she get it cut?

Mindy said...

I think I can speak for Vaness too when I say that we LOVED being there! What a fun thing for her to do, I can't wait until my two get the chance!

Judy said...

The Hershey Track Meet! Oh, the memories! Lisa went to State with the relay team, but her personal favorite was the 200 meter. We LOVED to watch her run. Although we knew her style and her strategy, it was always exciting to see her stay a little behind the pack and then turn on her "kick", leaving the rest of the runners wondering what had just happened. You might relate to the fact that Bob and I had to tag team to watch her--one of us kept our eyes on her, and the other chased Scotty all over the place. Good times. (Lisa injured her leg early in high school and wasn't ever able to compete after surgery. But no regrets. We have lots of video!)

I LOVED your photos. Good for Abbie!