Thursday, February 28, 2008

What a trooper!

Last week Abbie was so sick, suffering with a fever, sore throat, and a cough. She stayed home from school on both Monday and Tuesday. This is what she looked like around noon on Tuesday.Tuesday afternoon was supposed to be her Jr. Drill Team halftime performance at the Spanish Fork High JV game. I knew she wouldn't want to miss it, but she was SO ill. I didn't think she could even get herself out of bed long enough to get dressed for it, let alone get out there and perform. I told her she didn't need to do it, but I'd help her get ready if that's what she wanted. Well, that's what she wanted! She pulled herself out of bed, got dressed, ate some food, and let me do her hair. All this time she kept telling me, "Mom, I need a blessing!" Laren called from work and when I relayed this message to him, he headed home, grabbed a neighbor, and together they gave Abbie a blessing. Oh, how thankful I am for the faith of this child asking for a priesthood blessing. And how thankful I am that her daddy is worthy to administer that blessing! Afterwards, she seemed to get better by the minute. Here is her happy face just before her group walked out to perform...She loved dancing with other girls her same age. I know these pictures are dark, sorry about that!After their performance, they all went back to the dance room and watched the movie of them performing.I don't think I heard a word of complaint from her throughout the entire day. When I asked her if she was glad she decided to dance, she assured me that she definitely was and that she'd had a great time! This is the happy, trying-to-be-healthy girl we know and love so much!Love you, Abs!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a trooper, Abbie! Your Washington D.C. cousins are so proud of you! That shows self-discipline in the highest way! Good for you, cute girl!

Team Hanni said...

Good for you Abbie! What a transformation in her eyes!!! She looks so beautiful. So glad she could pull it together and enjoy! What a sweetheart!

Allie said...

Where in the HECK were you last night??!! You are in so much trouble.