Monday, February 4, 2008

Moving Ahead...

Although change is hard sometimes, I was thrilled to hear the announcement of the new Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and counselors in the First Presidency, Henry B. Eyring and Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I have loved President Monson for as long as I can remember. He will fill the position of Prophet incredibly well. And I also have ties to both President Eyring and President Uchtdorf. While at Ricks College, I was invited to attend and perform at a meeting featuring Elder Eyring as a speaker. Afterwards I was able to visit with him and to see up-close what a truly genuine and sweet person he is. Years later, Also, when Laren and I were going through the seminary teacher hiring process, we were required to have an interview with a General Authority who happened to be Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Quorum of the Seventy. We weren't very familiar with him at the time, but enjoyed the time we were able to spend in his office visiting about the gospel. All three of these men are noble and humble men of God. I support and sustain them fully!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I support them as well! I'm excited for what's to come for the church. What will be President Monson's focus? More temples? Better member missionaries? Let's all get to work!