Monday, February 25, 2008

Boy's Best Friend...

Our sweet Megabyte passed away on Saturday afternoon after suffering from a congenital defect called "persistent right aortic arch". She was an incredibly sweet dog. In the 8 short months that we had her, she stole our hearts and made all of us love more than we ever thought we could love a dog.Her biggest fan, though, was Christian. He took care of her every day, without a complaint. He fed her, washed her, played with her, slept with her, and even cleaned up after her when she couldn't keep anything in her sick stomach. I learned a lot about his dedicated spirit by watching him care for her. It was especially hard on him when she died. He tried his best to be tough, but has a very tender heart and couldn't keep his emotions hidden. We're glad Meg was able to be with us for a short while. She will be missed, but we like to think of her running around heaven on the big fluffy clouds!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That's way tough. Christian looks like he was such a great pet owner.

cyndi said...

Okay I have serious pet issues. That made me cry. I am so sorry. Especially for Christian. That is so sad!

Allie said...

I'm NOT a pet person, but I'm so sorry. It's always rough on the kids what a tough kid.

Team Hanni said...

This is why I have a hard time getting a pet. They live long enough to become part of the family, but not long enough that you really struggle when they die.

I cried through your post. Poor Christian. I am soooooo sorry!

Kami said...

I'm sorry, too! I'll never forget when, as a kid, our beloved dog Blumer died. It really makes an impression on a child! My mom told me, "The reason we loved her so much was because we took care of her." I've always kept that lesson in my heart--to grow to love someone, serve them!