Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Mom

Today is my mom's birthday.She is spending today in airports and airplanes and away from home. She is traveling with my dad to see my sister, Mindy, and her family in Thailand. I wish I could be with her. But we were able to celebrate with her on Sunday. Those of you that know her know that she is a very active, happy, caring, giving person. She has spent her life making people happy.She has recently experienced health problems that have required her to either be in the hospital or home in bed. But, as you can see, being in a hospital bed hasn't stopped her smile. She finds much joy in the arms of her 10 grandkids and they feel the same about her. Each of my kids has a special relationship with their Mimi. She makes every effort to make sure they know how much she loves them. Just a couple months ago as we were unloading the van at a restaurant to celebrate my dad's birthday, Abbie and Christian were both arguing over who would get to sit by Papa. BJ didn't join in this argument. His face lit up when he told me "I get to sit by Mimi!"I feel very blessed to be able to say that my mom is also my best friend. I call her very frequently just to chat. She and I are very much alike, and we have a great time together doing nothing but talking, laughing, and maybe enjoying an occasional trip to Target or Ikea. Mom, I love you. Thank you for being the person you are.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jo, you are right on about Mom.
Thanks for posting this - Mom needs to see that she is remembered on her birthday! I love mom, too. Aren't we grateful that she is still here with us? What would we do without her?

Adri said...

So sweet, Joanna. I love these photos of your mom...she is so beautiful! In addition to being a great mom and mimi, she is a WONDERFUL aunt. I'll always remember how much fun we had when we were in a class together at BYU...I can't remember what class it was? Maybe religion? Anyway, she always showed up with something fun for me: a treat, sticky notes, or, one time, a photo of me and Vanessa dressed as angels in our family Christmas Nativity. She is full of fun! Love you, Linda!

Jennifer said...

What a nice tribute. I love the photos. Aunt Linda also did her part when I was at BYU trying to line me up with the great guys in the singles ward. Happy Birthday!

Mindy said...

We are SO lucky to have our MIMI be ours, aren't we? What a sweet tribute to someone who means so much to us! We'll take lots of pictures when we're together so you don't miss her too much while she's here!

Love you, Jo!

Gaye Brown said...

Hey Joanna, this is a beautiful tribute to your mom. I've ALWAYS wanted to be just like her and I'll ALWAYS be working on that goal! She's been the best big sister and friend I could have ever asked for in my life. The three of you girls are just like her and I love you too!

Fay said...

What a great tribute and so well deserved by our beautiful Lindy Lu!