Tuesday, September 11, 2007

All Clean!


What a fantastic weekend we enjoyed as our oldest daughter, Maren Abigail Hawkins, got baptized! We are so proud of her choice and her great example to her younger siblings.
We are blessed to have her in our family!I'm so grateful that Laren is worthy to hold the priesthood and was able to baptize our little girl!

We appreciate all friends and family who were able to come and support Abbie in this special day: Great Grandma and Grandpa Ottley, Mimi and Papa Rich, Grandma Hawkins, cousins Derek Wood and Ashton Chatham, Uncle Jesse Rich, and, of course, brothers Christian and BJ, sister Amelia, and Mom and Dad! (Also Jesse's friend, Danielle, who was taking the picture, and our dear friends Todd and Heather Harris and their daughter, Haven.)

We are definitely proud parents of this 8-year-old!

After the baptism we all came back to our home and enjoyed a brunch of crepes and watermelon. YUM! Then we were able to hear a concert featuring Abbie and me on violins and Papa Rich on the guitar. This picture is Papa performing "San Francisco Bay Blues", a Rich family favorite. We love the music, but also really like the way he looks with the kazoo in his mouth!

This last one is a video of Abbie and me playing together, which hardly ever happens. We hadn't practiced this at all, so I was impressed by how well she was able to do with me playing harmony. Way to go, Abbie!

Thanks to everyone who helped make this important day even more special! We wish all of you could have been with us. We love you!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Abbie looks beautiful and SO grown up, of course! It makes me ache to have missed such a GREAT day, jam session included! Love, love, love you.

Jennifer said...

How fun to have music together! I love the video clip.

Don't you start feeling like "an old mom" when you have a kid that's baptized. I can't believe I've been a parent long enough.

Also, I'd like to see more pictures of that pretty pink room down the hall. I'm basically clueless when it comes to decorating.

Team Hanni said...

What a fun weekend! I wish we could have come to support you guys! It still makes me tear up when I think of Josh's baptism. They seem so little, yet they are making such a grown up decision.

I LOVE the violin duet. She's sounding great! It is so fun to see how she has truly grown up.

Your family is just adorable!

Call me Mimi said...

Great Blog Jo. Thanks for taking the time to share all this fun with us again. Love, Mom

Kami said...

Congratulations, Abbie! We wish we would have been there on your special day! What a treat to see you play the violin! Great job! ?Thanks for sharing it on the blog!