Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cough Corrected!

I don't know if you've heard about applying Vicks VapoRub to a person's feet to suppress coughing, but if you haven't tried it or haven't heard of it before, I'm here to say IT WORKS! BJ woke up EARLY this morning with a very mean-sounding cough that wouldn't allow him to go back to sleep. So, I grabbed the Vicks and headed in there to give him a little foot massage. It worked immediately! I heard him cough only 3 more times in the next minute and then...no more coughing! I'm not sure why it works, but it definitely does.If you're a skeptic and would like to read more about this strange way to quiet a cough, click here to see what Snopes.com says about it. Has anybody else used this remedy? Does anybody else have other remedies like this that you could share with me?

4 comments:

Tara Fears said...

OK, I need a remedy for my allergies. The roof of my mouth is just itching...24-7 and it's driving me NUTS! Will Vapa Rub solve THAT problem? I am totally trying it next time I have a cough. Good excuse for a foot rub eh?

Mindy said...

I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing! RC (an essential oil from Young Living) is amazing on coughs too.

Allie said...

This totally works, I tried it a few weeks ago with all of my kids.

Team Hanni said...

Yes, this works........ I'm not sure why but I love that we get a little more sleep at night when their little feet have Vicks on them.